Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Awesome New Music!


So most of you don't know that my husband is the program director for one of the BEST Christian Radio Stations, WBGL.  As you can imagine, we get inundated with just about every new CD that comes out and we have bin after bin of CD's in our garage.  I'm talking CD's going all the way back to when the CD took over cassettes.  In fact, if you didn't know what my husband did for a living and you were to go through our storage, you would think that we were CD hoarders.  Ugh!  I just shudder at the thought :/

Before we moved to our current location, we lived in Lubbock, TX.  Yep, home of Texas Tech University, Buddy Holly and the BIGGEST tumble weeds you'll ever see in your life.  Not kidding!  I'm talking the size of a car.  HONEST!  Oh, and some of the ugliest dust storms.  I'm talking, can't see across the street because of the blowing dust.  That's when you pray that it doesn't decide to rain, cause then it'll just rain mud.

Anyway, while we lived in Lubbock, we were privileged to attend one of the best churches there.  Southcrest Baptist Church.  The pastor was and still is Dr. David Wilson.  He is the father of Contemporary Christian Arstist, Josh Wilson.  So, we can say we knew Josh before Josh was Josh!  Ha!  That just sounds funny :)

Josh's music has really been an important thing in seeing me through the past 6 months.  Again, I'll eventually explain what has happened.  I'm just not at a point that I can write about it yet.  I promise that I will get to that in time.  Anyway, Josh's CD "Life Is Not A Snapshot" has  a song on it that has helped me through this very dark deep valley.  It's tack number 2 on that CD and it is "Before The Morning".

Josh has just released his latest CD "See You".  My husband brought it home yesterday and I ripped it into my iPod this morning.  I've been listening to it all day and I can say that this is becoming one of my all time favorite CD's.  If you get the chance, run out and buy it or purchase the entire CD in iTunes.  I promise you won't be disappointed.

Until next time......................

P.S.  I've added a neat little gadget on the right hand side of my page.  It's Jana's iPod.  I've put some of Josh's music on there.  You can play" Before The Morning" from there, as well as Josh's latest single "I Refuse"off of his new CD "See You".  I've also added one of my all time favorite songs, Where There Is Faith" by 4 HIM.   Happy Listening and I hope that his music will speak to you as it has me.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment