Sunday, August 8, 2010

Happy Trails!

In my never ending quest to find healthy snacks for my family to snack on, I came across this recipe.  It has been a HUGE hit!  We just can't seem to keep our hands out of the container that I've put it in.  I have to be honest, I wasn't sure how my family would like it........I mean, it has nuts, oats and fruit in it!!!!  You know, all the things that they are always trying to not eat.  Some how when you mix it all together and add some butter and honey, it makes all the difference!  Who knew?  :)

Almond, Toasted Oat And Cherry Trail Mix

1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
2/3 cup dried cherries, chopped

1 cup dried pineapple, chopped
1/4 cup slivered almonds

1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 small boxes yogurt covered raisins
1/4 teaspoon table salt
1 tablespoon stick light butter, or similar product, melted
1/4 cup honey



Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sided sheet pan with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, stir together rolled oats, cherries, pineapple, almonds, walnuts and salt. Drizzle with butter and honey and toss thoroughly.

Spread mixture evenly on sheet pan. Bake, stirring occasionally to ensure even browning, about 20 to 25 minutes; let cool.
Add yogurt covered raisins after mixture has completely cooled. 

Place mixture in an air-tight container.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment