I know it's been a very long time since my last post and I apologize for that. Just to let you know.....It hasn't been on purpose. My family has really had a very long and bumpy last few weeks.
It all started with little Jackson about 3 weeks ago. He started coughing one day and we all thought that he was being silly trying to get attention. He sometimes will hear others cough and will cough himself thinking that he's funny. We all laughed along until the next day when his silly little cough was followed with a fever. We limped along for a few days and eventually he broke the fever and began acting more like himself again.
Morgan all of a sudden began coughing and complaining that she too wasn't feeling well. This was on a Sunday. She went to school on Monday and Tuesday, not feeling great but good enough to go to class. By Tuesday evening she begain running a temp. of 104.5. Holy Mercury Batman!!!! This kid just never gets sick. The cough got worse and she missed 3 days of school. Took her to the doctor on Thursday and found out that she had viral pneumonia!!!! I was stunned! Her fever finally broke and she began feeling better that weekend and was back at school on Monday. As fast as she got sick, she got better just as quickly. Amazing how kids can bounce back from a major illness.
Now we are going into week 3! Saturday afternoon, I notice a funny feeling in my chest but I just ignore it. Sunday, I wake up not feeling great but have way too much to do to let it get to me. By Sunday evening, I was running a fever. Only a slight one, but a fever non the less. Monday morning, I wake up and feel like I'd been hit by a 747 still in flight!!!! The cough was getting worse and the body aches were unbearable. I began running a high fever of 103.5. Tuesday morning I decided I had better get to a doctor because I didn't want to end up with pneumonia like Morgan. Too late! A chest x-ray confirms that I too have fallen victim to viral pneumonia. I ran a fever of 101-103 for 5 days straight. But I'm here today to say that I survived and am on the mend!!!!!
With all of that said, I've missed y'all!!! Before everyone began getting so sick, I had been trying out some new recipes that I can't wait to share with y'all. I promise that I will be posting those here soon. I have a return doctors appt. and few things that I have to tend too since I was in bed for a week. As soon as I get things back in order and on track, I'll be back!
As I leave this post today I have to give a shout out to the New Orleans Saints!!!! May they win BIG TIME over the Indianapolis Colts this evening in the Super Bowl!!! GEAUX WHO DAT NATION!!!
Until next time.........

Girl, that's ROUGH! So glad you survived and are on the mend. Ugh. Oddly enough, we've had a couple of cases of pneumonia this year, as well. Son #1 is just now recovering from it. Yuck.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to the recipes! :-)