Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chicken Broccoli Casserole



Chicken Broccoli Casserole


2 cups cooked brown rice
3 cups cooked chopped broccoli
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise (Do Not Use Miracle Whip)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1  10 oz. can Cream of Chicken soup
10 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with butter or nonstick cooking spray.

Spread the rice in an even layer in the baking dish.  Make a second layer with the broccoli.

In a large bowl, mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, soup, half of the grated cheese, and the salt, pepper, and chicken.  Pour the mixture over the broccoli and top with the remaining grated cheese.  Bake for 40 minutes.

Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry if this sounds blunt - I guess b/c it is: I found your blog awhile ago and have it bookmarked b/c i enjoyed it, but I simply CANNOT read it! The dark red background with the black letters makes it almost impossible. I have to highlight the letters in order to read what you have written. Would you mind changing it so I can enjoy my visits? I'd appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Sherrie! I had no idea that it was so difficult to read. Please accept my apology. I will get it corrected promptly!

    ReplyDelete