Thursday, October 22, 2009

Time Just Has A Way Of Getting Away From Me!!!


Hello fellow bloggers! I feel so bad for not having blogged in awhile. Time just has a way of getting away from me. So this will be my attempt at catching you up on all the things happening at the Springer Zoo.

1. My sweet baby boy Jackson turned 16 months old a few day ago. Seems like just yesterday I was getting my bag packed to take to the hospital. He is just an amazing little wonder. What a blessing that God has given to my husband and me. Sometimes I have to ask what I have done for God to have blessed me with such wonderful children.

2.. My beautiful Morgan is just as smart as ever!!! It really just blows my mind at what an intelligent kid she is. She obviously does not get this from my side of the family. She is now in the 6Th grade and is a middle schooler. Again....how time flies!! We have run into some issue in middle school this year that as parents have taken us by surprise. We live in a very liberal community and our family is very conservative. So as you can imagine, we feel like ducks out of water. We are seriously considering homeschooling her next year. We thought about pulling her out this year but felt that it would be difficult to do with the school system. It's easier to switch during the summer months. If you homeschool........all advice is welcome!!!!

3. My sweet husband Ryan continues to work as hard as ever. He recently was up for Program Director of the year. He didn't get it but we were happy that the award went to a guy in Augusta, Ga. Me being a Georgia girl myself, was happy to keep the award in the home state! :) I bet Ryan walks away with the award next year!

4. We are gearing up for the holidays!!! I love this time of the year. It's all about family and I LOVE my family more than you possibly can imagine. This year we are doing something a tad different.....We are going to my sister's house in Tulsa for Thanksgiving. This will be the first time in I don't know how long that my mom's side of the family have all been together in one place for Thanksgiving. I can't wait!!!! Of course, we will be making the trip home to Georgia for Christmas. My kids love Christmas at Paw Paw and Charon's house. Santa always knows where to find us :) You do realize that Santa comes in a pick-up truck when delivering his toys in Georgia. At least that is what my kids think. Yep, we are a little redneck!

Well, that's about it for now. It's almost 9 pm and the sandman will be visiting me very soon. I'm so thankful that Jackson is sleeping through the night these days.

Until next time..........

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! :-) THERE you are.
    Wonderful updates. Love this time of year, too. Love the memories and the time together. After football season, of course! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! We must get through this very LONG football season. I love this time of the year as well. It helps me to reminisce and think about the good times and reminds me to just be thankful for what I have. I know that you relate to that. By the way, I love your "Thankful Thursdays". I may have to start doing that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I go to a town very close to Tulsa for the holidays!! I go to see my wonderful aunt who spoils me! I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for you to come to Tulsa for Thanksgiving! I hope you all can squeeze me in! :) I will make the drive just to see you all! The J's have got to have some time! Love the blog.....keep it up....mine is so plain Jane...compared to yours....I am still learning! Have a great day! I will write these recipes down...and try them for the holidays! You show off!

    ReplyDelete