
Can you believe it!!!!!!! Two posts in less than 24 hours :) I had a few seconds while little Jackson is napping so I thought that I would jump on and say HEY!
I've had a few people asking me if I had some good cookie recipes.....as a matter of fact, I DO :) I had the privilege of making the wedding cake for a sweet friend that I worked with. Along with the cake, I also made a few other things.....including these wonderful cookies. Let me tell ya, they were gone in a matter of minutes! They were a big hit. I also had a friend of mine make them for my baby shower when I was pregnant with little Jackson.
Ok.....so here ya go! You're gonna love these! How can you not love chocolate and raspberry together. They just go together like peanut butter and jelly :)
Chocolate Raspberry Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup Dutch process cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 (6-ounce) package raspberry creme filled dark chocolate baking pieces (recommended: Hershey's Premier Dark Chocolate Baking Pieces Filled With Raspberry Creme)
Raspberry Icing, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars together at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and baking powder; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in baking pieces. Drop cookies by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 12 to 14 minutes.
Remove to wire racks to cool. Once cool, drizzle with Raspberry Icing.
Raspberry Icing:
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon seedless raspberry preserves
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring until smooth.
~The picture above is the wedding cake that I made for my friend Kim. Just behind the cake you will see the cookies. YUMMO.....I think I'm gonna have to go make a batch right now!!!!
Gorgeous cake! Girl you have some TALENT! Love the recipe for the cookies as well. Definitely one Abbey and I will try in the very, very near future! I like the look too! Your looking festive!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are just too sweet Shannon! Thank you for the sweet comment :) Definitely try these cookies.....you're family will love you for it! They are some of our favorites!
ReplyDelete