Saturday, March 7, 2009

We Survived and are Still Alive!!!!


Well, I know that it's been a few days since I last posted. I'm sure you're wondering how we all fared with all of the sickness that we've had as of late here at the Springer house. WE SURVIVED AND ARE STILL ALIVE!!!!

It all started with Miss Morgan almost 2 weeks ago. She came to me right before bed one night complaining of her throat hurting and feeling achey. Of course, I blew it off as, Um.....it's Sunday night and someone doesn't want to go to school tomorrow. That's what I get for jumping to conclusions cause before I could say anything she added that she didn't want to stay home from school because of a fun project that they were going to be working on and she didn't want to miss it. I knew then that she was serious and really wasn't feeling well.

A few days later, Ryan called me from work complaining that his sinuses all of a sudden were draining like a faucet and that his throat was beginning to get sore. By nights end, he too had fallen to the dreaded disease. I was doing all that I could to keep little Jackson and myself away from my disease ridden family. If I could've wrapped Jackson and myself in bubble wrap and put in a disease-free plastic bubble, I would've done it!!!!! By the time Friday rolled around, Ryan was taking the day off because he didn't have a voice and was just feeling really cruddy. Saturday morning he woke up early (which he NEVER does) and told me that he needed to see a doctor. I should've scooped up Jackson right then and ran for the hills.

Sunday afternoon, I noticed that Jackson (whom in his 8 short months of life has NEVER been sick) wasn't acting right and had a slight cough. Then the sneezing and the crying began, yep that was me! I too was becoming a casualty of the sickness monster. Of course, I don't have the luxury of sleeping it off or even just taking the day off to recoup! I'm mom and life as we know it would come to a screeching hault! So I say that to say that this stuff is hanging on with me. Jackson recovered quickly!

So here I am, alive and well! I think that I'm beginning to feel human again. Hence, another saga in the day (or shall I say weeks) of the Springer clan. May we all stay well for a very long time. I can't handle another few weeks of constant sickness! I'm so ready for the weather to warm up and stay warm. We all could use some springtime fresh air!

Hope you and your family are staying well!

No comments:

Post a Comment