Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Time To Make The Pumpkin Bread!


It has finally cooled down just enough for me to break out the ol' electric mixer (not that I ever really put it away) and make my daughter's most favorite fall treat..... PUMPKIN BREAD!

Yes, Pumpkin Bread! My daughter begs me to make this for her every fall. When it comes to comfort food, this makes her most happy and warm all over.

So, as I was whipping up the batter this afternoon, I thought of my blog friends and figured I would share this recipe with you.

This recipe makes two loaves. This is so good on a cool crisp morning with a nice hot cup of coffee, hot chocolate, or my personal favorite.....warm apple cider.

PUMPKIN BREAD

3 1/3 cups sifted all purpose flour
2 tsp. Baking soda
3 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. Cinnamon
3 cups sugar

4 eggs
2/3 cup water
2 cups canned pumpkin
1 cup Vegetable oil

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

-Combine all dry ingredients.
-Add all wet ingredients to dry mixture and mix well.
-Pour batter into 2 greased and floured bread pans.

Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes.
*At the 1 hour 15 minute mark, test bread with a toothpick to check for readiness. If the toothpick doesn't come out clean, continue baking until toothpick does come out clean.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment