As I begin to write this post, I must tell you that I have tears streaming down my face. Tears of thankfulness and tears of sorrow. Funny how your prospective on life can change on a dime.
Some of you know that I have a twitter account. Twitter really is useless, but from time to time I actually learn stuff. Recently, I began following Ryan Seacrest. Mostly to keep up with behind the scenes of American Idol. Little did I know that one of the things that he tweets about is a little girl that is in the fight of her life. Yesterday I was curious as to who this little girl is, so I checked out her website. A website that changed my perspective as a mother.
The tears of thankfulness that I shed are because I have two very beautiful and very healthy children. Sometimes in the thick of total choas, I forget how lucky I am. Yesterday I was reminded not to take all those moments, both the good and the chaotic, for granted. Last night as I lay in bed I thanked the Lord for all of those moments and for giving me two wonderful children.
You must be asking, "What was on that website", "Who is this little girl that Ryan Seacrest is tweeting about"? Her name is Layla. She is a sweet little two year old girl that within a few days will succumb to cancer. She is absolutely a beautiful little girl. In fact, I think what drew me to her was just how much she looks like my little Jackson. Those great big blue eyes!!!!
Please pray for Layla! Pray that the Lord will comfort her in her last hours of life. Pray for peace for her family, especially her mother. My heart goes out to her the most. I can't imagine having to watch the life of my sweet child slip away. Go to their website laylagrace.org Be thankful and greatful for what we have :)
Until next time..........
*The above pictures is of Layla and her father taken just a few days ago.
Follow me on Twitter: @JanaSpringer
Follow Layla on Twitter: @laylagrace

No comments:
Post a Comment