Okie dokie my fellow bloggers! I'm going to now tell you one of my BIGGEST pet peeves in life......Water Spots on my stainless steel sink. They drive me crazy!!!!!! My second pet peeve is a dull yucky looking sink. Lets face it, those of us that have stainless steel sinks fight both problems on a daily basis. I struggled for years trying to figure out just how to get my sink looking nice and keeping it that way. Well, I've found the solution and now I'm gonna pass it along to you.
First, I've got to say this......I drive my husband nuts with my obsessive battle with the inevitable water spotted sink. When I'm done using the sink, I must admit that I take a clean kitchen towel and dry my sink out. I know, I know.....it's a sink! Like I told ya, the spots drive me crazy. I need help!!! LOL
Ok, so this is how to get your sink looking it's shiny best and how to keep it that way.
First, you must fill the sink up to the rim with very hot water. I've even boiled water and added it to the already hot water in the sink. Just for good measure ;)
Next you will need to add 1 cup of bleach to the water. Be very careful! You don't want to get the bleach on your clothes. I don't think that I could help you with that little mishap :( Let the bleach water sit in your sink for 1 hour. After 1 hour, drain the water and rinse out your sink well with running water.
Next you'll want to use a little cleanser. I use baking soda, but you can use Comet, Ajax or Soft Scrub. Whatever you have on hand. Don't forget to clean off your faucet as well!
The last step is to spray a little glass cleaner on your sink. Wipe it out! Your sink should shine like silver tinsel :)
Now, I maintain my shine at least twice a week. After doing the dishes I will scrub the sink out with a little regular dish soap and rinse it well. Then I will sprinkle about 1/2 a tbsp. of baking soda in the sink and scrub. Rinse well and dry the sink out with a clean, dry kitchen towel. Your sink will SHINE SHINE SHINE!!!!!
I hope that is helpful all of you out there that obsess over your kitchen sinks as much as I do :)
Happy Scrubbing!
P.S. See, I told ya that bought some of that good smelling Williams Sonoma cleaning products!!! You can see them in the picture above. My most favorite product so far is the countertop spray. I LOVE IT!!!! Smells sooooooooo good! You gotta get ya some :)

No comments:
Post a Comment