
Well, I've had several people email me about the kind of container that I use for my laundry detergent. I figured I would take a picture of it since it's hard sometimes to describe what it looks like. I bought this glass container at one of the superstores here near my home. I really liked the idea of a glass container so that I could see when I was getting low and needed a refill.
I keep my container on top of my washer and I have it sitting on a pretty little doily. It makes me feel Martha Stewart-esque! LOL I'm so far from being anything like her.......which sometimes is a "Good Thing"! I'm so on a roll today :) Ha Ha!
I've also recieved a few emails asking me if I've ever had bad smells from front loader washer. I guess I'm a lucky one because I haven't. However, I'm religiously making sure that my machine is clean because I've heard that front loaders can create smells. So, I'm going to share with you my little secret to keeping the "Bad" smells away. I'm sure that those of you who have top loaders can follow this as well.
On the 1st of every month, I clean my machine using the "Tub Clean" cycle. I add bleach to the fill line on the bleach resevoir. Then on the 15th of every month I do the same thing except this time I use distilled white vinegar. I use vinegar as my fabric softener also, so I know that as I'm washing/rinsing my clothes, my machines is staying clean. Now, for those of you with top loading machines, you can do the same thing except you don't have the "Tub Clean" cycle. So you will want to add 1 cup of bleach or Vinegar (depending if it's the 1st or 15th) to a regular wash cycle using the hotest water that you can. This should keep your machines nice a clean as well.
I've also had a few people asking me if I know how to get dishwasher sparkle. As a matter of fact, I do! :)
Once a week I add 1/4 cup of baking soda to the bottom of my dishwasher (I usually do this on Monday) and run a regular cycle without dishes. Once a month (usually around the 1st) I will add 1 cup of distilled white vinegar to the bottom of the dishwasher and run a regular cycle without dishes. This will keep the inside of your machine super clean and the drains odor free.
Ok, I had better get! I've got to go start supper for my "Starving" family. Y'all have a wonderful evening.
Happy Cleaning Y'all!
Loving the laundry detergent! I'm about ready to make my second batch. Keep sharing your ideas - I love them!
ReplyDeleteI do run a bleach load through my washer (we HAVE had smells - I run mine almost continuously) and also use the Tide cleaner. Going to try the vinegar, though!
I bought a plastic container for the detergent. Was afraid it would get dropped. HA!
I'm so glad you like it Karen! The more you use the detergent, the softer your clothes become. I'm telling ya, I'll never go back to the commercial detergents!
ReplyDeleteYou seem to have a lot of great ideas for cleaning products. I was wondering if you have any for a more natural homemade shampoo.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could say that I had some homemade shampoo recipes but I don't. Maybe that is something that I should look into. I've never really thought about trying to make my own shampoo. Good question though! I'll see what I can find for ya :)
ReplyDeleteI wanted to try your laundry detergent, but I can't find most of the ingredients. Where do you get yours? Kim
ReplyDeleteHey Kim!
ReplyDeleteSince I don't know where you live, it's hard for me to say where you can find the products. If you are in or around the Champaign/Urbana area you can find the products at Meijer, County Market or Schnuck's. I hope that this will help you :)