Monday, October 26, 2009

What's For Supper?



I have a brand new recipe to share with y'all!  It's so yummy!  This is what we are having for supper tonight.  I hope you'll try it soon.  If you do.....let me know what ya think :)  Enjoy!

CREAMY CHICKEN & RICE SOUP

*Makes 6 to 8 servings

3 tbsp. butter
1 1/2 c. crinkle cut carrots
1 c. frozen chopped onion (or 1 medium size fresh onion)
1 c. diced celery
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 (32 oz) box low-sodium chicken broth
3 c. heavy whipping cream
3 c. chopped rotisserie chicken (I buy mine at Sam's)
1 (8.8 oz) package whole-grain brown ready rice, cooked according to pkg. directions
1 cup frozen peas, thawed

In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat.
Add carrots, onion, and celery; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until vegetables are tender.
Add flour, tarragon, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
Add broth and cream; cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until soup is thickened.
Add chicken, rice, and peas; cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until heated through.

It's that easy!!!!!  I really hope that you'll try it.  I promise you won't regret it :)

Until next time.................


1 comment:

  1. All I can say is I can't wait to get home and eat it... it sure looks yummy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete